Tamás Görbe posted:
A Mathematician's Way* of Converting Miles to Kilometers
• 1 mi ≈ 1.609 km
• The ratio of consecutive Fibonacci numbers Fₙ₊₁/Fₙ tends to the golden ratio φ ≈ 1.618 as n increases
So Fₙ mi ≈ Fₙ₊₁ km
*This is how I do it
About automated status updates:
Had some time to go to the nearby to the wildlife reserve and shoot some birbs yesterday!
#birbposting of mom and her young'uns - grooming, looking for food and prepping for sleep.
Surprisingly decent shots for my first proper outing with the 800 mm manual focus.
🎉 📷 🔭 🎉
Finally have a nice setup going for the 800mm lens!
· Had to drill and fit an end-stop screw to the T2-F-mount adapter
· Got a lens-hood (105mm ⌀ !)
· Also a circular polarized filter to try out
· A lens mount for the tripod (had to file it down to accommodate the large diameter)
Now I can balance the setup in its center of gravity to reduce vibration and eliminate droop. The hood should improve quality a lot according to people.
Time for some tests and #birbposting ! 😎
Is it time to bring back #legroom photos?
HEL-MUC and onward to POZ
Heh, interesting timeline coincidence…
So yeah, took the new 800 mm lens out to get some #birbposting content. Really hard to get it sharp. Doesn't help that the adapter ring is missing an end-stop and the lens keeps falling out. 😑
Look at the little ones though! 😍
I love open source. Information Security is important to me. I work on Icecast in my free time.
A nice little Mastodon instance. Mild trolling encouraged (keep it local), but not required. Malicious behaviour is not tolerated. Follow Wheaton's law and you'll be fine.